Computer Services Malvern - Another victim fell into the cryptolocker trap! luckily they contacted us just in time, we were able to copy important data before it was encrypted and made redundant. To remove the virus we had to reformat the computer and reinstall all the applications and data. We also checked the network to see if any other computers were affected but luckily they weren't.
Have you fallen victim to the Cryptolocker virus? If you have here is how to address the issue:
- Disconnect the computer from the network (to avoid infecting other computers)
- Power off the computer so the virus cannot encrypt anymore files.
- Use another computer to download a virus removal tool that targets cryptolocker
- Have an external harddrive that is empty or has no important data on it so you can transfer any files across from the infected machine
- Reformat the computer and reinstall drivers, applications and transfer across your salvaged data
- To prevent Cryptolocker in the first place be very cautious about suspicious emails, and make sure your anti-virus is up-to-date which monitors your emails